Cockroach Poker is a bug-rilliant reverse set collection game all about bluffing, with cards that show stink bugs, toads, rats and more creepy creatures. Your mission is to force another player to collect 4 of any one type of critter.
On your turn, you choose a card from your hand, place it face down on the table in front of another player of your choosing and state what it is, e.g. Cockroach. The player you placed the card in front of now has two options:
- Accept it: before picking it up, they must loudly say either ‘true’ or ‘false’. If the player guesses correctly, the card is passed back to you, but if the player is wrong they have to take the card themselves.
- Pass it: they can decide to not accept the card and pass it on instead. In this case, the player looks at the card before sliding it in front of another player. They must then confirm your statement of Cockroach, or make a new claim, e.g. Rat. A card can keep being passed on until it has reached the last player, who must then accept it.
- When a player has ‘four-of-a-kind’ - If a player has four cards with the same creature on, they have lost. The other players all share the victory.
- When a player runs out of cards - When a player with no more cards in their hand has to start a round and can not offer a card, they have lost. Everyone else shares the victory here as well.
- Bluffing Game - Can you keep a poker face and bluff your way to victory?
- Creepy Critters - There are eight types of creatures depicted on the Cockroach Poker cards.
- No Winner, Just a Loser - Your job isn't to win, simply to make sure that you don't lose!
- Ideal For Travel - Perfect travel-sized game for on the going gaming. Plus there is a two-player variant!
Time: 15 mins
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.