Forbidden Island is an adventure-based cooperative game by award-winning designer Matt Leacock! You are a team of fearless adventurers on a do-or-die mission to capture four sacred treasures from the ruins of a perilous paradise. You must work together and make some exhilarating manoeuvres, as the island sinks beneath your every step. Race to collect the treasures and make your escape before you get swallowed into the watery abyss!
How to play
Each turn, you do the following three things in order:
1) Take up to 3 actions.
- Move - You can move your pawn to an adjacent Island tile.
- Shore Up - You can shore up any adjacent Island tile or the Island tile your pawn is on.
- Give a Treasure Card - You can give one or more of your treasure cards to another player if your pawns are both on the same island tile.
- Capture a Treasure - You capture a treasure by discarding four matching treasure cards from your hand(if your pawn is on either corresponding island tile).
2) Draw 2 treasure deck cards.
After taking your actions, you must draw 2 cards from the top of the Treasure deck and add them to your hand face up. Then follow the instructions on each card.
3) Draw Flood cards
You draw cards from the top of the flood draw pile equal to the current water meter level. If a tile is already flooded, it sinks into the abyss!
To win the game, you need to get to fools landing! Once you have collected all four treasures, everyone must move their pawns to the Fools’ Landing tile. Then, you’ll need a helicopter card to lift your team off of Forbidden Island for the win!
You’ll lose the game if:
- Both treasure tiles sink before you can collect their respective treasures.
- The fools’ landing tile sinks.
- A player is on an Island tile that sinks and there is no adjacent tile for them to swim to.
- The water marker reaches the skull and crossbones on the water meter.
- The Island Is Sinking! - Will the brave adventurers save the treasures in time?
- Adventure-Based Cooperative Game - Join a team of fearless adventurers on a do-or-die mission to capture treasures from the ruins of a perilous paradise.
- Improve Your Mental Agility - Forbidden Island exercises your problem-solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Multiple Levels - There are several different levels of play are available in this multi-award-winning game.
Time: 30 mins
Why Buy From Us??
🚚 Fast Home Delivery
Choose how fast you receive your order with the multiple shipping rates we have to offer.
♻️ Sustainable Packaging
You help reduce waste with our sustainable practises.
💰 Help Fund Mental Health Charities
We donate 2.5% of our profit to mental health charities every month.
↩️ Free Returns
Enjoy free returns within 28 days of receiving our products.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.