Dragonwood is the game of dice & daring. Deep inside a mythical forest lurks angry ogres, giggling goblins, and even the famed and fearsome fire-breathers themselves!
All players start the game with a hand of 5 adventure cards. These adventure cards are numbered one to twelve and have five colours. You’ll be using these cards and playing sets of them to attempt to capture monsters. Stomp on fire ants, shriek at a grumpy troll or strike the menacing orange dragon with a magical silver sword. Only the bravest among you will emerge victorious!
On your turn, you do one of two things:
You can draw an adventurer card and add it to your hand. You then signal that your turn is over by saying out loud, “reload!”. If you have more than nine adventure cards, you must discard down to nine cards.
You can try capturing a creature or enhancement by showing the cards you are using (including enhancements) and placing them face up in front of you. There are three different ways to make a capture attempt: you can either strike it; stomp it or scream at it. Each card has three numbers on it that show a sword for strike, a boot for stomp and a little face screaming for scream.
- To strike - You play adventure cards that are in numerical order, regardless of their colour.
- To stomp - You play cards that are all the same number, regardless of their colour.
- To scream - You play cards that are all the same colour.
The game ends when either:
- Both dragons have been defeated,
- Two adventure decks have been played through.
If you have the most victory points, you win!
- A Game Of Dice And Daring - Dragonwood is a deck-building, dice-rolling, family game for two to four players.
- Collect Cards - Use sets of adventurer cards to earn dice and roll against your foes.
- Choose Your Strategy Carefully - The landscape of Dragonwood is ever-changing!
- Educational Fun - Dragonwood reinforces strategic thinking and probability for kids.
Time: 20 mins
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.