Blockbuster is a brand new nostalgia party game where two teams compete to collect 8 genre cards and claim victory. Just like all great blockbusters, this one comes in two parts.
You begin by splitting into two teams. Both teams then choose a player for the first round. This is a head to head battle, where you try and name as many films you can think of can before time runs out. A head-to-head card is flipped over revealing a category - for example, “movies set in the future”. This begins an intense back and forth battle between the 2 players, with a 15-second timer being reset every time a film is named until someone can’t think of any more, or the time runs out. This then gives an advantage to the winning team.
The winning team pick up 6 'film cards' - which contain the names of films separated by genre - and pick the 3 cards they think will be easiest. The losing team then gets the other 3 cards. You then tactically place the movie cards face-down on the blockbuster car park board. Then try to collect as many of these movie cards as you can in an incredibly fun 30 seconds by describing, quoting and acting them out depending on where you placed them on the board. If your team manages to guess the three movies in time, you can move on to your rival's cards as well. This will help edge you closer to victory.
These 2 rounds are repeated until a team collects 8 genres and wins the game!
- Not A Trivia Game - This is an extremely fun and simple party game for anyone that has seen a movie.
- Immediate Wave Of Nostalgia - From the VHS box to the fold-up car park and sign which acts as the game board, anyone old enough to remember the Blockbuster franchise will be immediately excited to play this game!
- Buzzer Battle - Go head to head shouting movies until your opponent runs out of answers, or time
- Triple Charades Jeopardy - Race to describe, quote and act out 3 classic movies for the rest of your team. If you’re fast enough you can steal your opponents’ cards too!
- The first team to collect 8 VHS movie tapes wins!
Time: 30 mins
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.