Forbidden Desert is a stunning sequel to the award-winning board game Forbidden Island… and it is as foreboding as it sounds! You take on the roles of adventurers who are trying to recover a legendary flying machine that’s buried deep in the ruins of an ancient desert city. You’ll need to work as a team and use every available resource if you hope to escape the Forbidden Desert.
On your turn, you can take up 4 actions:
- Move - You can move your pawn to an adjacent, unblocked tile.
- Remove sand - You can remove sand markers on your tile or on an adjacent tile.
- Excavate - You can excavate a tile (if your pawn is on the desert side of a tile that doesn’t have any sand markers on it).
- Pick up a part - You may pick up a revealed Flying Machine part on an unblocked and excavated tile.
Bonus – If your pawn is on the same tile as another player, you can share water and pass equipment cards for free.
Once you have the four necessary parts, you must find your way to the launchpad tile where everyone can then insert the parts into the flying machine, start the engine, and escape for the win!
You’ll lose the game if:
- Thirst - Any player reaches the symbol on their canteen.
- Buried - You need to add a sand marker to a tile but there aren’t any left in the supply.
- Swept Away - The sand storm meter reaches the symbol.
- Stunning Sequel - Forbidden Desert is a sequel to the award-winning Forbidden Desert.
- Discover A Legendary Flying Machine - You’ll have to work together to beat the shifting sands, searing heat and water shortages
- Co-operative Gameplay – Each player on the team has different skills to help you survive. Either you all win or the game wins!
- Exercise Your Mind - Forbidden Desert reinforces strategic thinking, visual discrimination and cooperation.
Time: 30 mins
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.