Snakesss is a brilliant social deduction game perfect for the whole family. Your mission is a simple one - watch out for snakes! They already know the answers and are trying to charm everyone else into choosing the wrong answers. Prepare for a game of skill, luck and a little venom!
To begin, you shuffle the character cards and deal one out to each player. Then, everyone secretly looks at their cards to see if they have a human card, a snake card or a mongoose card. The mongoose immediately reveals themselves and they place the mongoose of truth figurine in front of them which indicates they are not a snake.
Next, you choose a player the moderator (don’t worry they still get to play!). The moderator then grabs a question card and places it in the middle of the table, without revealing the answer on the back. Next, all the players including the moderator close their eyes. With their eyes still closed, the moderator turns the question card over to reveal the answer and says if you are a snake please open your eyes. The players who have a snake card, including the moderator if they have one, must briefly open their eyes. The snakes quickly look at the answer and close their eyes again. Then the moderator, with their eyes still closed, turns the question card back over to hide the answer and tells everyone they can open their eyes again.
Everyone then gets just 2 minutes to discuss what they think the answer might be. But don’t forget, the snakes are secretly trying to mislead everyone to the wrong answer. When the 2 minutes are up, the humans and the mongoose select the answer chip of their choice and place it face down on the table. The players who are snakes place the snake chip, also face down. The moderator then turns over the question card to reveal the right answer and everyone flips over their chips to show what answer they went for and who the snakes in the grass were.
The human and mongoose players get 1 point for each player, including themselves, that got the answer right. However, human and mongoose players that got the answer wrong score nothing. On the other hand, the sneaky snakes get 1 point for each player that got the answer wrong.
When you have finished tallying up scores from the first round, you reshuffle the character cards and get ready for round 2. After 6 rounds, the game ends and whoever has scored the most points wins!
- Super-Sneaky Quiz Party Game - In Snakesss half the players are trying to trick you into picking the wrong answer… but can you find out who?
- Multiple-Choice Quiz Questions - If you’re a human, your job is to pick the right quiz answer together. If you’re a secret Snake, you’ll have to blend in and charm the humans into getting it wrong!
- Super Fast Rounds - In this family game each round only takes five minutes to play - but it could be days until you can trust your friends and family again!
- Trust No One- Your grandma sure seems to know a lot about Ancient Egypt. Is she trying to help you? Or is she… one of the Snakes!
- From The Inventor of Sushi Go - Snakesss is a trivia board game created by Phil Walker-Harding.
Time: 25 mins
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.